Monday 20 April 2015

At First Sight (Alpha, billionaire, thriller romance)

It’s Susie’s twenty first birthday, and she’s newly graduated from law school. Oh and she’s a virgin! But that’s okay, she’s never been a guys type anyway, not with her curvy hips and ample bum and oh so heavy bust. But it’s never bothered her anyway. She has what matters most. A brain.

But out on her birthday dinner with friends who are obsessed with waistlines and thigh gaps, she spots the hottest man in the upmarket restaurant checking her out. Perhaps she’s mistaken. Perhaps he was looking at her Barbie friend, Haley, with her striking good looks.


Susie is mistaken. It’s her he wants! But it isn’t until there is a moment between them that she knows just how mistaken she is about everything. But who is Mister Hunt? And what would she do to make sure she pleases just him! Or will she? Daredevil she becomes, there’s no telling what will happen!

Available at Amazon

Excerpt

Valentin saw that as his cue to get up and go and speak to this woman he was so drawn to.
‘I think you were right about tonight,’ he said to Drake as he stood up.
‘What do you mean?’
‘Women. I think I might have just found one I like.’
‘Yeah? Where?’ He turned in the direction in which Valentin had.
‘Wait and see.’
‘Hi,’ a man said to Susie.
Her heart sunk, just what she didn’t want. The kind of man that she wasn’t interested in. A little too short and too geeky for her taste, but what did she expect? This was the kind of men she attracted.
‘What are you drinking?’ he asked.
‘Lemonade.’
‘Can I get you something stronger?’ he shouted over the music.
‘No, I’m good thanks.’
‘Oh come on, a girl like you needs something a little stronger.’
‘I said I’m good thanks.’ She wished he’d go away but the little man stayed in place like a pesky little fly.
‘Well I’m getting you a strong drink anyway.’ No wasn’t a word he understood. He tried to take the lemonade off her.
‘Hey, I said I’m okay.’ Her patience was running thin.
‘I said I’ll get you something stronger so chill.’
‘The lady said she’s okay or are you deaf?’ said Valentin.
Susie looked behind her briefly just to make sure the man wasn’t talking about another woman.
‘Who the hell are you?’ asked the man.
‘None of your dam business now get lost.’
‘Who do you think you are?’ The man challenged.
‘The man who will punch you in the face if you don’t piss off!’
The man sized the tall dark stranger up and down and decided that it was no contest. He moved off.
‘Hi.’ The man smiled.
She was quiet a moment.
‘You okay?’
She laughed.
‘What?’
‘Are you selling something?’
‘Why would you say that?’
‘I just thought…never mind.’
‘So what brings you here?’ He didn’t bother too much about her insecurities. It was so obvious she wasn’t the most confident.
‘It’s my birthday,’ she waved the box nervously. ‘Twenty one.’
‘Wow. Officially an adult.’ He teased. ‘I’ll have to get you an adult drink.’
‘Erm…’ She didn’t want to drink, but she wanted to do it for him, which was silly. ‘I don’t drink.’
He smiled. ‘Let me put that on for you.’ He took the box before she had a chance to say anything.
He took his time to take the silver bracelet out of the box and then slowly wrapped it around her wrist and snapped it shut.
‘There, perfect.’ He kept his hand on her wrist.
‘Erm… thank you.’
‘You’re welcome.’ He gazed directly into her eyes but she couldn’t keep the gaze so looked at her wrist instead. ‘It’s pretty. My friends bought it for me.’
‘You have some nice friends.’
‘Yes, I think I do.’ She still couldn’t look him directly in the eyes.
He moved a little closer, his lips almost touched her ear and whispered. ‘You are as sexy as hell.’
She stepped back as if she’d been given an electric shot. He smiled as he pulled away. Words like that had only come from men she didn’t want and now this man said that with the most amazing voice ever. Susie thought she might faint.
‘I want to see you later.’
‘Erm…’ What was that supposed to mean?
‘I’m not one to beat around the bush and I go for what I want. And right now I want you.’
‘Erm…’ The confident young lawyer was lost for words.
‘Say in about an hour, how about you meet me at the back of the restaurant?’
‘I…I don’t know. I’m with friends.’
‘Then make an excuse.’ He pulled a pen from his pocket and took her hand and wrote a V on her inner wrist.
‘What are you doing?’ she asked.
‘Marking you. You’re mine now. Don’t let anyone take you away.’ He winked and then walked away before she could say or do anything.
‘What the hell?’ Haley walked up to Susie just as the handsome hunk walked away. ‘What did he want?’
Susie was quiet.
‘Susie? What did that gorgeous man want? Haley was curious since she’d been giving him the eyes and the smile long before Susie had appeared.
‘Me,’ she said.
Haley laughed.
‘What? You find that funny?’
‘Noooo, of course not. I just think that you’re too timid for him. He’s a bad boy I can smell it a mile away.’
‘I see.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment