Sunday 12 October 2014

Happily Ever Now (Boundless Love) Book 2

Eugene and Sahara’s journey continues. She’s healthy again and now they can start their lives together. Or can they?  As the days turn into weeks, new challenges arise in their lives, and Eugene begins to learn what is important, while Sahara is just as stubborn as she’s always been. Her life battles have made her into the woman she is, which has also made it quite a challenge for Eugene.


Eugene learns more about himself than he ever has! He learns courage, patience and what really matters. Life sends blows that make him stronger and into the person he never thought possible. Their love will surprise and strengthen them both. And they will both understand how important the present moment is!






Excerpt

Sahara could feel the thick air in the house. She knew that the action she’d taken, would probably ruffle feathers, but she understood why she’d done what she’d done.
‘Honey?’ he said the moment she stepped into the living-room. ‘Are you okay?’
‘Yes, I’m fine.’
He studied her a moment. She was still so beautiful and he wanted nothing more than to take her into his arms, but something stopped him.
‘Is there anything you’d like to tell me?’ he asked.
‘No, why?’
He felt his body tense. This had been the first time he’d felt anger and love at the same time. He didn’t know how to react.
‘I tried calling you.’
‘I know, I just needed time to think.’
‘Think about what?’ he asked as calmly as he could.
‘Life…things.’
‘When were you going to tell me you went to the hospital?’
‘When I understood what was going on.’
‘So what’s going on?’
‘I don’t think I can discuss it right now.’
‘Why not, I’m –’
He wanted to say husband, but he knew that wasn’t true, even though he felt like her husband. She gazed at him, not sure how she wanted to proceed.
‘Perhaps you’d like to tell me why you gave away the five million pounds I gave you.’  
‘So you’re checking up on me?’ she felt a tad irritated.
‘No, my accountant rang me. You can’t transfer large sums of money like that and expect it to go unnoticed. There are procedures and books to update.’
‘I’m lost. Wasn’t that money mine to do with as I please?’
‘That is correct, but I was hoping you’d use it for something nice for yourself.’
‘I did!’
‘You gave it away, you just let go of five million pounds!’ He felt himself get a little hot under the collar.
She looked at him with such anger in her eyes, he was sure she’d never want to see him again.
‘Let me tell you why I donated all that money,’ she started. ‘I donated that money to a project that wants to educate as many children as it can to read within eighteen months. The organisation will buy iPads and distribute them to children in underprivileged countries and help them learn to read. This organisation has a vision, they want to educate children who had no chance of ever knowing what the letter A looks or sounds like!’ She breathed heavily.
‘I get that, but why all that money. Honey, donations have been going to places like these for years, and there’s still no progress.’
‘Oh no, this isn’t just one of those projects. I will get to see the actual progress. These children will be educated. They will learn and they will grow.’
He sat back still not getting how this was relevant to donating all that money.
Alice said that I should help others that need it more than I do. But I didn’t quite get it until later today.’
‘Get what, because I sure as hell don’t get it.’
‘Somewhere in this world is tomorrow’s future, tomorrow’s doctors. Doctors who will one day find a cure to cancer. Out of the desert, one day a flower will spring. I only watered that flower. Don’t you see?’ She smiled, what she said gave her so much joy. He watched her a little amused. ‘The more we sit on money we don’t need, buying things we don’t really care about, to show off to those who aren’t bothered, the more we rob ourselves of the gifts, the diamonds that are hidden in the remote of places.’
He gazed at her intently.
‘We die because we don’t care, because it’s not our problem. What happens else where doesn’t concern us, but that’s the problem. We’re all connected. What concerns one person concerns the other. So I’m making it my problem. One day, out of that country no one cares about lies the answer to cancer.’ She dropped to her knees and burst into tears. 

Available at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment